How to Find a Vein Doctor in Chicago? What are the Best Minimally Invasive Vein Treatments?
How to find a vein doctor in Chicago?
Are you looking for a vein doctor in Chicago, Illinois? If so, you may be suffering from vein diseases or symptoms of vein disease, like spider veins, varicose veins, restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, etc.
In this article, we discuss how to find a state-of-the-art vein treatment center or vein doctor in Chicago, and we give you an overview of the best minimally invasive vein treatments.
You must focus on the following qualities when looking for vein doctors in Chicago:
- Board Certification: You must look for vein doctors who are board-certified. To get board-certified, vein doctors have to complete fellowships, residencies, and other professional challenges from reputable medical institutions. As such, board-certified doctors are some of the most experienced and qualified doctors available.
- ABVLM Recognition: The American Board of Venous Medicine formally recognizes vein doctors who have made significant contributions to vein care. As such, look for vein doctors with ABVLM recognition.
- Educational Background: Look for vein specialists with a strong educational background, i.e., those who have trained at reputable medical schools.
- Track Record: Go through the vein doctor’s online reviews to gauge their track record. Find vein doctors who have a perfect track record amongst their patients. Furthermore, they should have ideally performed hundreds of minimally invasive vein treatments.
- Vascular Imaging Training: The best vein doctors have specialized training in vascular imaging, which is one of the most important skills in the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases.
- Skills with Minimally Invasive Treatments: You must look for vein doctors who specialize in minimally invasive vein treatments. You must avoid vascular surgeons, i.e., those who provide surgical treatments like vein ligation and vein stripping.
- Friendly Attitude: Finally, look for vein doctors who care about your emotional comfort just as much as your physical comfort. As such, in addition to being skilled, they should also be friendly, patient, and compassionate.
If you focus on all of the qualities mentioned above, you’ll narrow down some of the best vein doctors in Chicago, IL.
How to find a state-of-the-art vein treatment center in Chicago?
Finding the best vein doctors isn’t enough. Modern minimally invasive vein treatments rely on factors outside the vein doctors as well, such as the quality of equipment available. You must find vein doctors who work within some of the best state-of-the-art vein treatment centers in Chicago.
The following is an overview of qualities to consider when looking for the best state-of-the-art vein treatment center in Chicago, IL:
- State-of-the-Art Technologies: Modern minimally invasive vein treatments rely on advanced technologies, such as VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST. These technologies assist in minimally invasive vein treatments, ensuring their success while minimizing the risk of side effects. As such, you must find an advanced vein clinic that has access to these technologies.
- Diagnosis before Vein Treatment: The best vein clinics understand that spider veins are often caused by underlying vein disease. As such, they insist on performing a Doppler Ultrasound test to identify potential vein disease before curating a treatment plan.
- Minimally Invasive Vein Treatments: The best vein treatment center in Chicago will only provide minimally invasive vein treatments, like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, and sclerotherapy.
- Friendly Staff: You must look for vein centers that have friendly staff.
- Insurance Coverage: Vein treatments can be very expensive. However, vein disease is a medically serious condition, which is why most insurance plans offer insurance coverage for radiofrequency ablation and laser ablation. You must find a vein treatment center that helps you get optimal insurance coverage.
What are the best minimally invasive vein treatments?
We have discussed the importance of seeking minimally invasive vein treatments, but we haven’t yet discussed what that entails.
Minimally invasive vein treatments are non-surgical, cause minimal pain or discomfort, carry a negligible risk of complications, and they conclude within an hour with no recovery period.
The following is a brief overview of the best minimally invasive vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Minimally invasive vein treatment in which heat energy is channeled through a catheter to destroy the diseased saphenous vein.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: Minimally invasive vein treatment in which laser energy is channeled through a laser fiber collapse the diseased saphenous vein.
- VenaSeal: Minimally invasive vein treatment in which a medical adhesive is injected into the diseased saphenous vein to fuse its walls and shut it down.
- Sclerotherapy: Minimally invasive spider vein treatment in which a sclerosant solution is injected into spider veins to turn it into a scar tissue that gradually fades away.
What is the best vein treatment center in Chicago, IL?
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein treatment centers in Chicago, IL, for various reasons.
Most importantly, our vein clinic is presided over by Dr. Caroline Novak, who is one of the country’s most respected vein doctors. She’s a double board-certified doctor who has performed hundreds of minimally invasive vein treatments without any complications. She is also incredibly friendly, funny, and compassionate — a quality that endears her to her patients, which is why they often fly over from all over the country just to consult her.
Our vein treatment center is also highly accessible since it’s located on the Gold Coast in downtown Chicago. Our vein clinic is just across the street from the red line stop at Clark & Division, and a few minutes from the iconic Lincoln Park. We also have plenty of parking space! As such, our vein treatment center is accessible for all types of commuters.
For more information, please schedule an appointment with the best vein doctor in Chicago, IL, today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.