How to Find the Best Varicose Vein Doctor in Chicago?
How to Find the Best Varicose Vein Doctor in Chicago? Vascular Surgeon Answers
Varicose veins are large veins that protrude from the surface of the skin in a twisted and knotted form. The presence of varicose veins is an indication that you’re probably suffering from a dangerous circulatory disorder called chronic venous insufficiency. As such, if you have varicose veins, you must find the best varicose vein doctor in Chicago, Illinois immediately.
The importance of finding the right vein doctor cannot be underestimated. If you find the wrong vein doctor without prior research, they may recommend complex surgical procedures with a high risk of side effects. Furthermore, inexperienced vein doctors may treat the surface symptoms of vein disease without diagnosing the root cause.
You should ideally seek treatment from a Chicago vein doctor who’s highly experienced and specializes in minimally invasive treatments for vein diseases such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. Furthermore, you should also look for state-of-the-art vein clinics in the Chicago area equipped with the latest vein treatment technologies.
In this article, we discuss how to find the best varicose vein doctor in Chicago and the importance of seeking vein treatment.
Qualities of the Best Chicago Vein Doctor
- Good Medical Education and Training: Look for vein doctors with a strong educational background. They should have trained at reputable medical institutions like Harvard Medical School or other similarly reputable institutions. They should also have completed their residencies and fellowships.
- Board Certification: Look for board-certified doctors because it’s a guarantee of their skills and experience. To get board-certified, doctors have to complete several challenging residencies, fellowships, and professional milestones. They also need to stay updated with the latest medical findings and procedures to retain their certification.
- ABVLM Certification: Most of the top vein doctors are diplomat-certified with formal recognition from the American Board of Venous Medicine.
- RPVI Certification: Short for Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation, this certification indicates that the vein doctor specializes in vascular imaging, which is crucial for the diagnosis and treatment of vein conditions.
- Significant Experience: Look for highly experienced vein doctors who have performed hundreds of procedures with no significant complications.
- Diagnosis before Treatment: Vein conditions like spider veins and varicose veins are generally symptomatic of underlying venous insufficiency. However, some inexperienced vein doctors simply treat the surface symptoms without diagnosing the root cause, which can lead to relapse and further complications. You must look for a vein doctor who diagnoses the root cause of your vein conditions with Doppler Ultrasound, a method in which the vein doctor uses ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your veins.
- Minimally Invasive Treatment: You must look for vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally invasive treatments for vein disease such as sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. These procedures are minimally invasive, cause minimal pain or discomfort, have a negligible risk of side effects, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime. You must completely avoid vein doctors who recommend vascular surgeries because they’re obsolete and risky.
- State-of-the-Art Vein Clinic: The aforementioned treatments rely on modern and advanced technologies like VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST. You must find a vein doctor affiliated with a state-of-the-art vein clinic that’s equipped with the latest technologies.
- Compassionate & Friendly: The vein doctor should also be friendly and compassionate. They should carefully discuss your symptoms, ask you about your medical history, and explain the details of the vein treatment. This will allow them to recommend the ideal vein treatment plan for your needs.
- Perfect Track Record: Look for vein doctors who have a perfect track record with their patients. You should go through their patient reviews to see what they have to see.
- Insurance Coverage: The vein doctor should accept all major insurance plans and help you get the best insurance coverage possible. This is necessary because venous insufficiency is a serious disease generally covered by medical insurance and it will significantly reduce your out-of-pocket burden.
Why do I Need to Find a State-of-the-Art Vein Clinic?
You need to find a state-of-the-art vein clinic because venous insufficiency is a serious medical condition that progresses rapidly. If left untreated, venous insufficiency may lead to the following vein conditions.
- Varicose Veins: Large protruding veins on the surface of the skin.
- Bleeding: The dilated blood vessels are prone to bursting, which will lead to significant bleeding.
- Skin Disease: The breakdown of blood cells in your skin will lead to skin diseases — your skin will develop a rust-colored and leathery appearance.
- Skin Discoloration: The lack of blood circulation will lead to discoloration of the skin.
- Leg Ulcers: The lack of blood circulation will also prevent wounds from healing, leading to the formation of non-healing wounds on your legs.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: This is a condition in which the accumulated blood in your veins clot. These clots may then break away and travel to the lungs, leading to a potentially fatal condition called pulmonary embolism.
As you can see, vein disease progresses rapidly, which is why you must seek treatment as soon as possible.
Schedule an Appointment with a Chicago Vein Doctor
Vein Treatment Clinic Chicago is one of the best vein clinics in the Chicago area and we have some of the best diplomat-certified vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally invasive treatments for vein disease. For more information, please schedule an appointment with a Chicago vein doctor today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Dr. Michael Nguyen
VENOUS SPECIALIST | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Michael Nguyen is a world renowned and Harvard trained vein specialist in Manhattan. He leads the team of vein doctors offering the highest level of care at the Spider and Varicose Vein Treatment Center in New York & New Jersey.
As a pioneer in the treatment of varicose veins problems, Dr. Nguyen is considered a top vein expert for developing minimally invasive and customized treatment plans for the many symptoms of venous insufficiency, including leg cramps, skin discoloration on legs, spider vein removal, and restless leg syndrome.