What Does a Vein Dr Do? How to Find a Good Vein Doctor?
April 10, 2020
What Does a Vein Dr Do?
Are you looking for a vein doctor or vein specialist dr in your location? Officially known as a phlebologist, the vein doctor treats vascular conditions, such as varicose veins, spider veins, and other vein conditions.
You must find the best vein specialists or vein doctor from a good vein clinic or vein center near me. You must ensure that you find a varicose vein dr who diagnoses the root cause of varicose veins to provide the best minimally invasive varicose vein treatment near me.
In this article, we give you a detailed overview of what a vein dr does and how to find the best vein doctor and vein clinic.
Step 1: The Vein Doctor Diagnoses Vein Disease
Varicose veins and spider veins are often caused by underlying vein disease, also known as chronic venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency is a circulatory disorder in which your vein valves malfunction. These vein valves are responsible for smooth blood circulation to the heart because they allow blood to flow towards the heart but prevent it from flowing backward. When your vein valves collapse, blood flows backward due to gravity and accumulates in your leg veins. Over time, the continued accumulation of blood in leg veins or deep veins leads to vein dilation, which eventually leads to varicose veins and spider veins.
Diagnosing underlying vein disease is crucial because it allows the vein doctor to curate the best minimally invasive vein treatment plan.
During your initial consultation, the vein doctor will look for symptoms of vein disease and then run a Doppler Ultrasound test. During the vascular imaging test, the vein doctor will use ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your deep veins, which will indicate if you have underlying vein disease.
Step 2: The Vein Doctor Curates Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments Plan
If you find a vein dr from a good vein clinic, they will use the results of the vascular imaging test to curate a treatment plan.
If you have vein disease, they will recommend minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments use methods like thermal energy, laser energy, or medical adhesives to collapse the diseased saphenous vein. Once the diseased vein is removed or collapsed, the accumulated blood flows to healthy deep veins to restore smooth blood circulation to the heart.
If you don’t have vein disease, the vein dr will recommend minimally-invasive treatments for superficial varicose veins and spider veins, such as ambulatory phlebectomy and sclerotherapy.
Ambulatory phlebectomy is a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment in which the vein doctor creates incisions on your skin to surgically remove superficial varicose veins.
Sclerotherapy is a spider vein treatment in which the vein physician injects sclerosant solution into the spider veins to fuse their vein walls, which turns them into scar tissues that get absorbed by the body.
All minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are non-surgical and highly effective. Furthermore, if performed by a good varicose vein doctor, the procedure will also be painless, comfortable, and safe from side effects. Most minimally-invasive treatments conclude within an hour with no downtime.
What are the Qualities of a Good Vein Doctor or Phlebologist?
When looking for a good vein doctor or phlebologist, you must consider the following qualities and factors:
- Find a varicose vein doctor or spider vein doctor who has an exceptional educational background, having trained at reputable medical schools like Harvard Medical School.
- Look for board-certified doctors who have completed their fellowships and residencies from good medical institutions.
- The best varicose vein doctor or vein physician should have specialized training in vascular imaging, which is crucial for the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease.
- You must look for vein specialists who also specialize in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, sclerotherapy, and ambulatory phlebectomy.
- You should avoid a vascular surgeon who recommends varicose vein surgery or treatments like vein ligation and vein stripping.
- The best vein dr should have a friendly and compassionate attitude.
- You can also go through the varicose vein doctor’s online reviews and testimonials to see what their former patients say about them.
- You should look for vein doctors who have performed hundreds of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments without complications.
What are the Qualities of a Good Vein Center?
When looking for a good vein clinic or vein center, you must consider the following qualities:
- Look for a vein clinic or vein treatment center near me that has some of the best vein specialists and vein doctors.
- Find a vein center near me that’s equipped with the latest state-of-the-art devices and technologies, such as ClosureFAST, VNUS, and ClariVein.
- The best vein treatment center will only provide minimally invasive varicose vein removal methods and avoid vascular surgery.
- Look for a varicose vein clinic that accepts all major insurance plans and helps you get proper insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatment.
Consult a Vein Doctor Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is home to the best vein specialist dr near your location, wherever you may be. We have board-certified doctors who specialize in the latest varicose vein treatments. All of our vein doctors are highly-skilled and trained, and their patients fly over from across the country to consult them. If you have symptoms of vein disease, you must seek varicose vein treatment immediately. Please consult a vein doctor today.
To learn more about our team of accomplished vein doctors, please visit https://www.veintreatmentclinic.com/vein-doctor. Our physicians are board-certified vein experts, with compassionate bedside manner and impressive resumes. Most of our vein doctors trained at Ivy-league schools, and our harvard-trained medical directors hand picked each physician. We collaborate frequently across all locations to make sure each patient receives the highest standard of care. Visit our partner websites to learn about our vein specialists in New York, Long Island, New Jersey, Texas and California.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.