What are the Qualities of the Best Vein Specialist in San Diego? Medical Clinic Answers
May 07, 2020
Qualities to consider when looking for the best vein specialist in San Diego, CA.
- Board-Certified Vein Doctor: Board certification isn’t necessary to practice vein care. In fact, board certification isn’t even available for vein treatments. However, you should look for board-certified doctors who practice vein care because board certification is an objective guarantor of skills. To get board-certified, vein physicians have to complete several challenging professional milestones and stay abreast of the latest developments in their respective fields.
- Recognition from the ABVLM: The American Board of Venous Medicine (ABVLM) recognizes and certifies vein doctors who have made valuable contributions to the field of vein care. As such, you should look for a diplomat-certified vein specialist in San Diego.
- Strong Educational Background: The best vein specialists have a strong educational background, having completed their graduations, fellowships, or residencies from reputable medical institutions, such as Harvard Medical School.
- Registered Physician in Vascular Imaging: Vascular imaging is one of the most crucial skills in the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease. Duplex Ultrasound allows vein doctors to diagnose the root cause of spider veins and varicose veins. As such, you must find a vein specialist in San Diego who specializes in vascular imaging.
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: You must find vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally invasive procedures for spider vein and varicose vein treatment. Avoid vascular surgeons who recommend surgery.
- Perfect Track Record: The vein doctor should have a perfect track record, after having performed hundreds of varicose vein treatments. Go through their online reviews and testimonials to see what their patients have to say.
- Compassionate Attitude: Finally, find a compassionate vein doctor who cares about your emotional and physical comfort. Patient and compassionate vein doctors are more likely to avoid side effects and complications of minimally invasive procedures.
Qualities to consider when looking for the best vein center in San Diego, CA.
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: It’s not enough to find the best vein specialists or phlebologists in San Diego. Sure, it’s crucial for a vein center to have highly-qualified vein doctors. But even the best vein doctors need access to the correct support system to ensure smooth treatments. As such, you must ensure that the vein specialist in San Diego is associated with a state-of-the-art vein center in San Diego, CA. The vein clinic should have access to the latest technologies necessary for varicose vein treatment, such as ClariVein, ClosureFAST, and VNUS.
- Provision of Minimally Invasive Procedures: The best vein treatment center will only provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, ambulatory phlebectomy, and sclerotherapy. If the vascular center in San Diego provides vascular surgery, you should avoid it.
- Insurance Coverage: Varicose vein treatment is usually covered by insurance because it’s a necessary medical treatment. As such, you should find a varicose vein clinic that accepts all major insurance plans. The best varicose vein treatment center will also help you get the best possible insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatment.
- Location of Vein Clinic: Finally, you must ensure that your chosen varicose vein treatment clinic is accessible to you. There’s no point finding the best vein center and vein doctor if they’re several hours away or in another state. You should have easy access to San Diego vein treatment center.
Description of the best minimally invasive procedures for spider vein and varicose vein treatment.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Radiofrequency ablation is a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment that uses thermal energy to collapse the problematic saphenous vein, thus restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: Endovenous laser ablation is a minimally invasive procedure that uses laser energy to destroy the affected saphenous vein, thus restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
- VenaSeal: VenaSeal is a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment that involves injecting medical adhesives into the diseased saphenous veins to seal it shut, which forces the accumulated blood to reroute to healthier veins.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: Ambulatory phlebectomy is a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment in which the vein specialist creates incisions on the surface of your skin to manually remove the superficial varicose veins after the diseased saphenous vein has been neutralized. This is a cosmetic treatment that restores the aesthetic beauty of your legs after the primary vein treatment.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive spider vein treatment in which the spider vein doctor injects a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins to fuse their vein walls, turning them into scar tissues. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins while the affected spider veins gradually get absorbed by the body and fade away.
Advantages of minimally invasive procedures over vascular surgery.
- Highly Effective: Minimally invasive procedures have a 97% success rate whereas vascular surgeries had a limited 85% success rate.
- Non-Surgical: Minimally invasive procedures may include incisions and injections, but no surgery.
- Minimal Pain or Discomfort: Minimally invasive procedures are conducted under local anesthesia, which means you experience minimal pain or discomfort.
- Negligible Side Effects: They have a negligible risk of side effects or complications.
- Outpatient Treatments: They’re conducted in the vein doctor’s office with no hospitalization.
- No Downtime: Minimally invasive procedures conclude within an hour with no downtime. You can resume most of your regular activities immediately.
- Insurance Coverage: Radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation also receive insurance coverage because they’re medically necessary varicose vein treatments.
Consult La Jolla Vein Care Center
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the most reputable varicose vein centers in San Diego, California. Our vein treatment center is located in La Jolla, a beautiful neighborhood on the outskirts of San Diego, close to the popular Torrey Pines beach state park. For more information, please consult our La Jolla vein care center today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.