What is the Best Vein Treatment? What is the Best Medical Group for Veins?
March 29, 2020
What is the Best Vein Treatment?
Before we discuss varicose vein treatments, you must understand the root cause of spider veins and varicose veins.
Spider and varicose veins are generally a result of an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency. This is a medical condition in which your vein valves collapse. In healthy veins, these valves ensure smooth blood circulation to the heart — they act as one-way doors to allow blood to flow to the heart but prevent them from flowing backward.
When vein valves collapse, your blood flows back and pools in your leg veins. Over time, as blood accumulates in your leg veins, they apply pressure on the vein walls, which leads to vein dilation and the formation of spider and varicose veins.
If you have venous insufficiency, you must find a spider or varicose vein specialist immediately. If you don’t treat vein disease promptly, you may suffer from further complications like profuse bleeding, swollen ankles and feet, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis.
When it comes to varicose vein treatment, you must opt for minimally invasive varicose veins and spider veins treatments. You must avoid varicose vein surgery, which is an obsolete procedure with a high risk of complications and a relatively low chance of success.
In this article, we give you an overview of the best varicose vein treatments, spider vein treatment, and the best medical group of vein doctors.
Best Varicose Vein Treatments
Varicose veins are large blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of the skin in a dense and twisted form. They look like a dense mass of twisted and knotted ropes or tree trunks. They bulge out of the surface of the skin, and they may look purple, blue, green, red, or skin-colored.
Varicose veins are always caused by underlying vein disease. As such, varicose vein treatments focus on treating (or collapsing) the diseased and problematic saphenous vein.
The following are some of the most effective varicose vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During this procedure, the vein doctor uses heat or thermal energy to collapse the diseased saphenous vein, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During this procedure, the vein doctor uses laser energy to collapse the diseased saphenous vein, restoring blood circulation to the heart.
- VenaSeal: During this procedure, the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into the diseased vein. The adhesive fuses the vein walls, essentially turning them into scar tissues. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins, and the diseased vein eventually gets absorbed by the body.
All of these procedures are minimally-invasive, non-surgical, and they cause minimal pain or discomfort, either during or after the procedure. Furthermore, they have a negligible risk of side effects, and they don’t require hospitalization, which means you can resume your daily activities immediately.
Best Spider Vein Treatment
Spider veins are a dense cluster of blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin. They can be described as a cluster of spider webs or thin tree branches on your skin. However, unlike varicose veins, they’re not large, and they don’t protrude out of your skin.
The presence of spider veins isn’t necessarily a sign of underlying vein disease.
As such, the spider vein removal procedure must start with a diagnosis of the root cause of spider veins. The vein doctor will use a Doppler ultrasound method to visualize the blood flow in your veins.
If you have underlying vein disease, the vein doctor will recommend one of the aforementioned minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments — radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, or VenaSeal.
However, if you don’t have underlying vein disease, then the vein specialist will recommend Sclerotherapy.
During the sclerotherapy procedure, the vein doctor will give you a sclera injection. Sclerosant is a medicine that will fuse your spider vein’s walls, turning them into scar tissues. Over time, the scar tissues will gradually get absorbed by the body and fade away.
Sclerotherapy is the best spider vein treatment, but it only treats spider veins and not the underlying vein disease. As such, you must ensure the vein specialist checks for underlying vein disease before the procedure.
How to Soothe Varicose Vein Pain?
The following are some home remedies and tips to soothe varicose vein pain:
- Compression Stockings: Wear tight-fitting compression stockings that apply pressure on your varicose veins, facilitating blood circulation to the heart.
- Exercise: Engage in activities that work your calf muscles, such as running, yoga, cycling, and swimming. These exercises will encourage muscular contraction in your legs, facilitating blood circulation, which will relieve some of the pressure of varicose veins.
- Elevate your Legs: When you sit down, keep your legs elevated. This will ensure blood circulation to the heart, which will offer relief from the pressure of varicose veins.
How to Find the Best Clinic for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are some tips to help you find the best clinic for varicose veins treatment:
- Make sure the vein clinic has board-certified doctors.
- Look for vein doctors and vein specialists with formal recognition from the American Board of Venous Medicine.
- The best vein doctors are usually graduates from Ivy League Universities or Harvard Medical School.
- Look for a highly-advanced state-of-the-art vein clinic.
- Make sure the vein clinic offers the latest minimally invasive procedures like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- The vein doctor should also be friendly and have good bedside manners.
Schedule an Appointment with the Best Medical Group for Varicose Veins
VIP Medical Group is one of the best collectives of vein doctors and vein clinics in the country.
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein clinics for your needs because we have some of the best vein specialists who diagnose the root cause of your spider and varicose veins and offer the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
For more information, please schedule an appointment with the best vein doctor today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.