Looking for a permanent fix for your varicose veins? The Best New Jersey Vein Doctors in 2019 can help you!
When you see your leg veins bulge out, or you feel that nagging, heavy pain in your legs at the end of the day, you know it’s time to seek out a vein doctor. But how do you find one? Let us tell you how to find the best vein doctors in New Jersey in 2019.
How do I choose a vein doctor?
When you look for a vein doctor to treat you, ask yourself the following questions:
Does my vein doctor have the right credentials?
Your vein doctor – or phlebologist – should have had specific training in the field of vein medicine. This gives them an edge when it comes to diagnosing and treating vein diseases.
Does my vein doctor have enough skill and expertise?
It goes without saying that a vein doctor who has treated several patients for vein disease is more likely to know what they are doing. Choose a vein doctor who has had years of experience in a reputed vein institute, treating varicose and spider veins.
Does my vein doctor use recent technology?
Earlier, the only method of treating vein disease was to surgically remove the diseased vein. Today, minimally invasive technology makes vein treatments painless and more effective. You need to choose a vein doctor who is comfortable with using minimally invasive techniques for vein treatment.
Best vein doctors New Jersey 2019
The doctors at Vein Treatment Clinic have been consistently voted among the top vein doctors in New Jersey. Dr. Caroline Novak, our resident expert, is a board-certified physician with expertise in internal medicine and vein medicine. Dr. Novak believes in building strong relationships with her patients, to ensure that all her patients receive personalized, effective vein treatment. Dr. Faisal Siddiqi, our medical director, oversees vein treatment at all the New Jersey Vein Treatment Clinics. All our vein specialists share one common goal – to eliminate your discomfort due to varicose veins and improve your quality of life.
Why is it important to choose the best vein doctors for treating visible veins?
Varicose veins aren’t just tiny bulges that need to be removed for your legs to look better – they can reflect serious underlying vein disease in the leg veins. The main leg veins (called the saphenous veins) usually transport impure blood from the smaller veins, including your bulging varicose vein, back to the heart. Since the blood has to travel a long distance, against gravity, there are tiny one-way valves at the top of the saphenous veins that assist with the process. Once the blood flows past, the valves close and prevent the blood from falling back into the leg.
If you have vein disease, these valves become defective, and blood begins to accumulate in the leg veins. This causes the vein walls to expand under pressure, and the excess blood forces its way into smaller veins, causing them to bulge outwards as varicose veins. Sometimes, tiny new veins form, called spider veins, which are visible as blemishes under the surface of the skin.
Vein disease, also called chronic venous insufficiency, can cause throbbing pain in your legs, and swelling of the ankles and feet. The symptoms worsen after standing or sitting for long periods of time, and you may feel heaviness especially at night. Over time, the pain and general fatigue can deteriorate your quality of life. So it is important that you get such a condition diagnosed by an expert right away, and avail the right kind of treatment
What kind of vein treatment can I expect from the vein doctor?
Your vein doctor will treat varicose and spider veins using minimally invasive treatments, including the following:
- VenaSeal: This is the most minimally invasive technique available. This involves only a single injection, through which medicated glue is delivered into the vein. The glue causes the vein walls to stick together, and stops blood from flowing through the vein. Over time, the non-functional vein is absorbed by the body.
- Radiofrequency ablation: This is similar to laser ablation, but a lot more comfortable. The skin over the defective vein is numbed, and a small incision is made to reach the vein. A small radiofrequency catheter is then inserted into the vein. Heat delivered through the catheter destroys the vein. the same procedure can be done usingendovenous laser treatment instead of radiofrequency, but it is not as comfortable.
- Sclerotherapy: A medicated solution, called sclerosant, is injected into the veins. The sclerosant irritates the vein walls and makes them stick together, cutting off blow flow in the vein. This acts on a limited area, so can only be used for smaller veins, like residual spider veins.
- Varithena: This can be employed in medium sized veins. Instead of liquid sclerosant, medicated foam is injected. Foam tends to disperse over a slightly larger area.
- Clarivein: An advanced technique that allows sclerosant to be used in larger veins. The sclerosant is delivered through a tiny catheter, implanted in your vein. The catheter rotates and disperses the solution throughout the vein.
The New Jersey Vein Treatment Clinics offer exemplary, state of the art vein treatment that is the norm at all vein centers under the VIP Medical Group. If you have any queries regarding varicose or spider vein treatment, feel free to contact our team of experts. You can book an appointment online, or call 855-386-0195.
Meet our certified diplomate team
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below: