Qualities of the Best NY Vein Center and Vein Doctor
May 25, 2020
What are the qualities of the best NY vein center?
- Presence of the Best Vein Doctors: You must find a NY vein center populated with the best vein doctors in Manhattan, New York. The NY vein center must have internal requirements for their vein doctors. For example, some vein clinics only accept vein doctors who are Harvard-trained or board-certified.
- Diagnosis of Varicose Veins and Spider Veins: The varicose vein center in Manhattan must run diagnostic tests for varicose veins and spider veins. This may seem obvious, but vein clinics often treat spider veins without diagnosing the root cause. However, varicose veins and spider veins are often caused by underlying vein disease, and the vein center in Manhattan must diagnose it.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Veins Treatment in Manhattan: You should only look for a vein institute that provides minimally invasive varicose veins treatment in Manhattan, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: The latest minimally invasive treatments rely on advanced technologies, such as VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST. As such, you must find a vein center in Manhattan with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Insurance Coverage: Minimally invasive treatments for vein disease are eligible for insurance coverage because they’re medically necessary. As such, you must find a vein center that helps you with insurance coverage.
- Friendly Vein Doctors & Staff: The clinic for varicose vein treatment in NYC must have incredibly friendly vein doctors and staff.
- Vein Clinic in Broadway: Finally, you must find a vein clinic in Broadway, Midtown Manhattan, or other equally prominent and central locations in the city. The best vein centers in New York will be in an accessible and high-end location.
What are the qualities of the best NY vein doctor?
- Board-Certified: You should ideally find vein doctors in New York who are board-certified. Vein doctors don’t need to be board-certified, but doctors have to accomplish several challenging professional milestones for certification. As such, board-certified vein doctors in New York are highly-skilled and qualified.
- ABVLM- Recognition: The American Board of Venous Medicine formally recognizes and certified vein doctors who have made important contributions to varicose vein treatment in NYC. As such, you should look for vein doctors who have diplomat-certification.
- Educational Background: Find vein doctors with exceptional educational background, having trained at reputable medical schools, like Harvard, New York University, etc. They should also have completed their fellowships and residencies from reputable institutions.
- Vascular Imaging: You must find a registered physician in vascular imaging, or someone who has specialized training in vascular imaging, because it’s crucial in the diagnosis of varicose veins and spider veins.
- Minimally Invasive Treatment: The best vein doctors in New York must have specialized training in minimally invasive treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. Furthermore, they should have performed hundreds of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- Perfect Track Record: Go through the vein doctor’s track record and online testimonials. Find a vein doctor who has a perfect track record.
- Friendly Attitude: Finally, you should ideally find friendly and compassionate vein doctors. This may seem like a moot point, but it’s important. Friendly and compassionate vein doctors ensure your procedure is comfortable throughout, taking care of your emotional and physical comfort.
What is the best minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins and spider veins?
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During radiofrequency ablation, the vein specialist creates an incision on the surface of your skin to insert a catheter. They insert the catheter under ultrasound guidance to ensure it enters the diseased saphenous vein. Once the catheter is lodged in the diseased vein, the vein specialist activates it to generate thermal energy, collapsing the diseased vein. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During endovenous laser ablation, the vein physician creates an incision on the surface of your skin to insert an endovenous laser. They insert the laser fiber under ultrasound guidance. Once the endovenous laser enters the problematic saphenous vein, the vein dr activates it to generate laser energy, destroying the diseased vein. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation.
- VenaSeal: During this minimally invasive treatment, the vein doctor in NYC injects a medical adhesive called VenaSeal into the diseased saphenous vein. The medical adhesive fuses the walls of the saphenous vein, sealing it shut. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins while the diseased vein hardens and gets absorbed by the body.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: Ambulatory phlebectomy is a cosmetic minimally invasive treatment in which the board-certified vein doctor creates incisions on the surface of the skin to physically remove the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is a cosmetic spider vein treatment in NYC in which the vein physician injects a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins. Sclerosant seals the spider veins’ walls, turning them into scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body and fade away.
Schedule an appointment for varicose veins treatment in Manhattan, NYC
Vein Treatment Clinic is currently the most reputable NY vein center in Manhattan. We have some of the world’s finest board-certified vein doctors who have performed hundreds of varicose vein treatments without complications. Our vascular vein center is located in Midtown Manhattan, a short walk from the iconic Empire State Building, which makes it highly accessible and recognizable. For more information, please schedule an appointment for varicose veins treatment in Manhattan today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.