What Happens in a Spider Vein Center? How to Find the Best Spider Vein Doctor?
What Happens in a Spider Vein Center?
Spider veins are dense clusters of red blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin. They usually appear in dense clusters, like spider webs or tree branches. Spider veins are blood vessels with accumulated blood.
In most cases, spider veins aren’t medically serious. They may pose some discomfort, but they mostly only cause psychological distress due to social anxiety and self-consciousness. However, in some cases, spider veins can be extremely dangerous because they’re caused by underlying venous insufficiency.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, you may wonder what happens in a spider vein center.
The following is an overview of what you can expect from a good spider vein care specialist:
- During your initial consultation, the spider vein doctor will look for symptoms of vein disease.
- The spider vein doctor will use doppler ultrasound to diagnose the root cause of spider veins.
- If your spider veins aren’t caused by underlying vein disease, they will recommend sclerotherapy spider veins treatments.
- If your spider veins are caused by underlying vein disease, they will recommend minimally invasive vein treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- After the treatment, the vein care specialist will discuss post-operative care, like wearing compression stockings and exercising. You can resume most of your daily activities immediately.
In this article, we give you a detailed overview of what happens in a spider vein center and how to find the best vein care specialist.
Diagnosing the Root Cause of Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
During your initial consultation with the spider vein care specialist, they will study your varicose veins and spider veins. They will also look for symptoms of vein disease, such as frequent leg cramps, restless legs syndrome, the presence of varicose veins, etc. The vein doctor will also discuss your symptoms and medical history.
Following the initial consultation, the vein care specialist will use a vascular imaging method called Doppler Ultrasound to determine why you have spider veins. During this method, the vein doctor will get a visual of the blood flow in your veins, which will help them identify underlying venous insufficiency.
Minimally Invasive Spider Veins Treatment
The vein care specialist will have to curate a minimally invasive spider veins treatment plan based on whether you have underlying venous insufficiency.
If you don’t have underlying vein disease, the vein care specialist will recommend a minimally invasive spider veins treatment called sclerotherapy.
During this minimally invasive procedure, the vein doctor will inject a medicine into your spider veins to fuse the vein walls, thereby turning them into scar tissue. The spider veins will harden and eventually get absorbed by the body, fading away.
If your varicose veins and spider veins are caused by underlying vein disease, the vein care specialist will have to first target the diseased saphenous vein. They will recommend minimally invasive vein treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
During these minimally invasive procedures, the vein care specialist will use heat energy, laser energy, or medical adhesives to collapse the diseased saphenous vein. Once the diseased vein is removed, the accumulated blood will reroute to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
Finally, the vein doctor will use sclerotherapy to remove the visible spider veins from your legs.
Post-Operative Spider Vein Care
Minimally invasive spider veins treatments are non-surgical, painless, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime. As such, you can resume all of your daily activities immediately after the treatment.
However, the vein doctor will recommend the following post-operative spider vein care solutions:
- Wear compression stockings.
- Walk and exercise regularly.
- Keep your legs elevated while sitting.
How to Find the Best Vein Care Specialist?
The following are some of the most important qualities to consider when looking for the best spider vein care specialist:
- You must look for a vein doctor who is board-certified because that’s an objective guarantee of skills and experience.
- You must find a vein doctor who is formally recognized by the American Board of Venous Medicine.
- The best vein doctors specialize in vascular imaging.
- You should only consult vein care specialists who specialize in the latest minimally invasive treatments for vein disease.
- The vein care specialist should ideally preside over a great vein treatment center, one that’s equipped with the latest state-of-the-art infrastructure and technologies.
- The vein doctor should be friendly, patient, and compassionate.
- You must find a vein doctor who accepts most insurance plans and helps you get the best insurance coverage for your treatment.
Schedule Spider Veins Treatment Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best spider vein clinics, with cities in various parts of the country, including New York, California, New Jersey, Illinois, and Texas.
Our vein center is a part of VIP Medical Group, which is one of the country’s leading collectives of doctors and treatment centers. We have some of the country’s finest Harvard-trained vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally invasive treatments. Furthermore, our vein clinics are always highly accessible, located in some of the most prominent areas of the cities in which they reside.
For more information, please schedule an appointment with a vein treatment center near your location.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below: