How to Find the Best Spider Vein Treatment Clinic? Vein Doctor Answers Frequently Asked Questions
How to Find the Best Spider Vein Treatment Clinic?
Do you need treatment for varicose veins and spider veins? If so, you must find the best vein treatment clinic that offers the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
The following are some tips on how to find the best spider vein treatment clinic.
- Board-Certified Vein Specialists: The very first thing you must ensure is that the vein treatment clinic has board-certified vein specialists and vein doctors. While board certification isn’t necessary, it helps distinguish the best vein specialists from the rest. To get board-certified, vein specialists have to complete residencies and fellowships from reputable medical institutions. Furthermore, doctors must stay abreast of the latest developments in healthcare to retain their certification.
- ABVLM-Recognized Vein Specialists: The American Board of Venous Medicine is a body that recognizes and certifies vein specialists. You must find a vein treatment clinic with ABVLM-certified vein specialists.
- No Vascular Surgeon: You must not go to vein treatment clinics with vascular surgeons because they use complicated surgical procedures like vein ligation and vein stripping. You must avoid complicated surgical procedures because they have a high risk of complications.
- State-of-the-Art Vein Treatment Clinic: Since modern minimally invasive treatments rely on advanced technologies and devices, you must look for a state-of-the-art vein treatment clinic. They should be equipped with the latest vein treatment technologies, like VNUS, ClariVein, ClosureFAST, etc.
- Diagnosing the Root Cause of Spider Veins: Spider veins are often caused by underlying venous insufficiency. As such, you must find a vein treatment clinic in which the vein specialists have additional training in vascular imaging. They must use Doppler ultrasound to diagnose the root cause of your spider veins and varicose veins.
- Offer the Latest Varicose Vein Treatments: You must find a vein treatment clinic that will offer the latest varicose vein treatments, such as sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. Such minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are highly effective, and they carry a negligible risk of side effects or discomfort.
- Insurance Coverage: Varicose vein treatments can be pretty expensive. As such, you must find the vein treatment clinic that helps you get insurance coverage for your treatment.
One of the most frequent questions we get from people is “how to find the best spider vein treatment clinic?” But now that we’ve answered that, you may have some other questions about varicose vein treatment near me or vein doctors.
In this article, our vein doctors answer some of the most commonly asked questions about spider veins and varicose veins.
What Causes Spider Veins?
Spider veins are dense red clusters of blood vessels that appear on the surface of the skin. The presence of spider veins leads to immense self-consciousness and social anxiety because they look ugly.
However, spider veins are often symptoms of vein disease, which also makes them dangerous.
Vein disease, also known as venous insufficiency, is a chronic medical condition in which your vein valves collapse and stop functioning. In healthy veins, these vein valves act like one-way doors to allow blood to flow towards the heart but prevent it from flowing backward. When your valves collapse, blood flows backward and accumulates in your leg veins, leading to the formation of varicose veins and spider veins.
If left untreated, venous insufficiency eventually leads to complications like varicose veins, bleeding, skin disease, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis.
As such, it’s crucial to find a vein treatment clinic that will offer the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatment.
How to Prevent Varicose Veins and Spider Veins?
Varicose veins and spider veins may occur for a wide combination of factors, which is why you can’t prevent them with certainty. However, you can make certain lifestyle changes to minimize the risk of getting varicose veins and spider veins.
The following are some tips on how to minimize the risk of vein disease:
- Wear compression stockings.
- Exercise regularly, especially running, yoga, cycling, or swimming.
- Elevate your legs while sitting.
- Don’t sit or stand still for long periods.
- Manage your weight.
What are the Best Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Removal Methods?
As mentioned previously, spider veins may or may not occur because of underlying venous insufficiency.
As such, you must find a vein treatment clinic that will diagnose the root cause of spider veins using Doppler Ultrasound. Once they detect the root cause of spider veins, they must offer the latest treatment for varicose veins or spider veins.
If you have spider veins without underlying vein disease, the vein treatment clinic will recommend a spider vein removal method called sclerotherapy.
If you have spider veins or varicose veins caused by vein disease, the vein treatment clinic will recommend a varicose vein treatment such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, or VenaSeal.
During these minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, the vein doctor will use different techniques to destroy the diseased saphenous vein. Once the diseased vein is removed, the accumulated blood will reroute to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
Schedule Varicose Vein Treatment Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best clinics for varicose vein removal in the US. We have some of the best Harvard-trained vein doctors who offer the latest varicose vein removal treatments using state-of-the-art technologies. For more information, please schedule varicose vein treatment today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.