What Happens in a Texas Vein Clinic? Vein Doctor Answers
April 29, 2020
How does a Texas vein clinic diagnose the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins?
Varicose veins and spider veins are often caused by an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency. As such, when you schedule an appointment with a Texas vein clinic, the first thing the Houston vein doctor will do is diagnose the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins. If a Houston vein clinic curates a treatment plan without the diagnosis, you should avoid them and find another vein center.
The Houston vein physician will go about the diagnosis of varicose veins and spider veins in the following ways.
- Physical Examination: During the initial consultation, the vein physician in Houston, Texas, will examine your varicose veins and spider veins. They will examine the size and expanse of the varicose veins and spider veins.
- Medical History: If you have underlying venous insufficiency, you may also have other symptoms of vein disease, such as throbbing leg veins, restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, and frequent leg cramps. The Houston vein doctor or phlebologist will ask you about your symptoms and if they worsen at the end of the day.
- Duplex Ultrasound: Finally, the vein doctor will use Duplex Ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins. With Duplex Ultrasound, the vein institute will finally determine if you have underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
The diagnosis of the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins is crucial. As such, you must only look for a Texas vein clinic or vein physician who carefully diagnoses vein disease. You should also look for a vein doctor in Houston, TX, who specializes in vascular imaging, or preferably a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation. Please continue reading to find out how a Texas vein clinic treats varicose veins and spider veins using minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
How does a vein and vascular center provide varicose vein treatments?
The vein and vascular center will provide varicose vein treatments depending on the results of your diagnostic test. If your varicose veins and spider veins are the results of venous insufficiency, they will recommend minimally invasive varicose vein treatments that collapse the diseased saphenous vein. If you only have superficial varicose veins and spider veins, the cosmetic vein and laser center will use cosmetic treatments to remove the superficial varicose veins.
If you have underlying venous insufficiency, the vein doctor in Houston, Texas, will recommend the following varicose vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During this minimally invasive varicose vein treatment, the varicose vein doctor channels thermal energy into the diseased saphenous vein to destroy its vein walls.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During this minimally invasive varicose vein procedure, the varicose vein physician inserts an endovenous laser into the problematic saphenous vein to collapse its vein walls, restoring smooth blood circulation.
- VenaSeal: During this minimally invasive vein treatment, the phlebologist injects a medical adhesive to seal the diseased vein’s walls, shutting it down to restore smooth blood circulation to the heart.
.If you don’t have venous insufficiency, or if the vein doctor has already treated it, the Texas vein clinic will recommend the following minimally invasive vein treatments:
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: During this procedure, the phlebologist in the vein and cosmetic center physically removes the superficial varicose veins through incisions on your skin.
- Sclerotherapy: During this procedure, the vein dr at the cosmetic vein and laser center injects a sclerosant solution into the spider veins to seal them shut. Over time, the diseased spider veins get absorbed by the body and fade away.
Please note that all minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are non-surgical, and they cause minimal pain or discomfort. They also conclude within an hour with no downtime. Radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser treatments are covered by insurance because they’re deemed to be medically necessary vein procedures
How to find a good vein institute in Texas?
There are a lot of factors you must consider when looking for a good vein institute in Texas. You must consider the quality of the vein doctors, whether they provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, and a lot more.
The following is a brief overview of the factors to consider when looking for a good vein and vascular center in Houston, Texas:
- Highly-Experienced Vein Doctor: You must find a vein doctor or phlebologist with years of experience in minimally-invasive vein treatments. You must find someone who has trained at a reputable medical clinic, has exceptional patient reviews, and a flawless track record after having performed hundreds of minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments.
- State-of-the-Art Vein Institute: Modern minimally invasive varicose vein treatments rely on advanced technologies and infrastructure. As such, you must find a vein institute in Houston, TX, that has access to the latest state-of-the-art equipment, such as VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST.
- Diagnosis of Venous Insufficiency: As mentioned previously, varicose veins and spider veins usually occur because of vein disease. As such, you must find a vein clinic in Houston, Texas, that diagnoses the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins before curating a treatment plan.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You should only consult a Houston vein clinic that provides minimally invasive varicose vein treatments instead of vascular surgery.
- Insurance Coverage: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are covered by insurance because venous insufficiency is a severe medical condition. You must find a vein center in Houston that helps you claim insurance coverage.
Consult Vein Treatment Clinic Texas
Vein Treatment Clinic Texas is one of the most reputable vein clinics in Houston, located near The Galleria shopping mall. Our vein doctors carefully diagnose vein disease before curating a minimally-invasive varicose vein treatment plan. For more information, please consult our Texas vein clinic today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.