Top 5 Qualities of the Best Varicose Vein Center in California
January 15, 2021
#1. The Location
When looking for a vein treatment center, you must consider its location and proximity to your home or office. Modern vein treatments are fairly simple and conclude within an hour, allowing patients to resume their daily activities without significantly restructuring their daily schedule. However, that’s only true if you choose a varicose vein center near your location.
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the most accessible and conveniently-located vein centers for patients in and around San Diego. Our vein center is located at 5330 Carroll Canyon Rd Suite 140, San Diego — it’s in the La Jolla neighborhood right outside San Diego, a short drive from the nearby Westfield UTC shopping center. You may schedule an appointment online or call us at +1 858-461-7886.
#2. The Reviews
You must go through a vein center’s patient reviews and testimonials — it’s one of the best means of learning about their patient care standards and general vein treatment experience. Instead of reading patient reviews on the vein center’s website (where they can easily manipulate the review), go through the vein center’s Google listings for reliable reviews.
VTC San Diego has exceptional 5-star reviews from patients. One of our recent patients said: “Dr. Billy and his staff are wonderful, and I have always felt comfortable at my appointments. Dr. Billy explains everything he does as he is doing it and is very thorough. I had a very difficult set of veins that felt like ropes, on the outside, that was twisting in many different directions, and amazingly he was able to get through to each one, which was no easy task as I could see myself on the screen. After taking care of the veins inside my legs that were not flowing properly, causing them to be tired and achy, and the horrible looking ones that protruded from my legs in several areas, I look and feel so much better! I can’t thank him and his staff enough for the excellent care!”
#3. The Vein Doctors
You must look for vein centers with exceptional board-certified vein specialists since they’re the ones who’ll eventually treat your varicose veins and spider veins. The vein doctors should be friendly, compassionate, and specialize in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
VTC San Diego is led by some of the best board-certified vascular surgeons in California, including Dr. Jasmine Koo, Dr. Billy Schoenfeld, and Dr. Carly Guthrie. They’re incredibly talented vein doctors with specialized training in vascular imaging and the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. The following is a brief introduction to our vein doctors:
- Dr. Jasmine Koo: She has specialized training in venous medicine and minimally invasive vein treatments. She completed her residency in Diagnostic Radiology in Detroit Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in minimally invasive procedures at the University of Texas Interventional Radiology Department.
- Dr. Billy Schoenfeld: He’s a double board-certified vein doctor specializing in venous medicine, anesthesiology, and critical care. He completed his advanced fellowship training at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and he’s written several chapters in Harvard textbooks.
- Dr. Carly Guthrie: She’s a double board-certified medical director at VTC, California. She has specialized training in venous medicine, cardiology, and anesthesiology, and exceptional training background, having completed her residency at Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
#4. The Treatments
You must look for vein centers providing the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments instead of surgical procedures. Minimally invasive procedures conclude within an hour, cause no complications, and involve no downtime, while surgeries have a relatively high risk of complications. In 2021, no respectable vein center should be recommending vascular surgeries as a viable treatment option for varicose veins and spider veins.
Vein Treatment Clinic provides the latest varicose vein treatments after carefully diagnosing the root cause of your vein problems. We use the latest diagnostic methods (duplex ultrasound) to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins, identify the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins, and curate the treatment plan accordingly. The following is an overview of our minimally invasive varicose vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: A catheter is inserted into the diseased saphenous vein via an incision on the skin’s surface. The catheter delivers thermal energy to shut down the problematic vein.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: An endovenous laser is inserted into the diseased vein via an incision on the skin’s surface. The laser fiber delivers laser energy to shut down the problematic vein.
- VenaSeal: A medical adhesive is injected into the diseased vein to seal its walls and reroute the accumulated blood to healthier leg veins.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: Incisions are made on the surface of the skin to physically extract the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
- Sclerotherapy: Special medications are injected into the spider veins to fuse their walls, turning them into scar tissues eventually absorbed by the skin’s surface.
#5. The Insurance
The best vein care centers must help you achieve optimal insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatment. Most varicose vein treatments are covered by insurance plans if you have underlying venous insufficiency — the vein center must discuss all your treatment options according to your insurance plan.
Vein Treatment Clinic accepts all major insurance plans and also provides free insurance verification. Our vein care staff go through your insurance details to provide a detailed breakdown of the costs involved before your vein treatment begins. We also extend insurance coverage to sclerotherapy spider vein treatment if you have underlying venous insufficiency.
For more information on your vein treatments, please schedule an appointment online or call us at +1 858-461-7886.
To learn more about our accredited vein centers, please visit www.veintreatmentclinic.com. Our spider and varicose vein treatment clinics are certified by the IAC as vascular imaging centers and vein treatment centers of excellence. We have local affiliates in New York, Long Island, New Jersey, Texas and California, all of which are held to the highest standards of patient-centered, compassionate, care. We offer the latest technology at every location, and our harvard-trained medical directors lead a collaborative effort to ensure the best outcome for every patient we meet.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Dr. Michael Nguyen
VENOUS SPECIALIST | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Michael Nguyen is a world renowned and Harvard trained vein specialist in Manhattan. He leads the team of vein doctors offering the highest level of care at the Spider and Varicose Vein Treatment Center in New York & New Jersey.
As a pioneer in the treatment of varicose veins problems, Dr. Nguyen is considered a top vein expert for developing minimally invasive and customized treatment plans for the many symptoms of venous insufficiency, including leg cramps, skin discoloration on legs, spider vein removal, and restless leg syndrome.
We know health insurance is confusing so we will help you check if you’re covered: