Do I Need to Consult a Varicose Vein Specialist? Signs you Need a Vein Doctor
April 10, 2020
Do I Need to Consult a Varicose Vein Specialist Near Me?
Whether you need to consult a varicose vein specialist depends on the symptoms you’re experiencing. If you have varicose veins and spider veins, you have two potential reasons to consult a vein clinic or vein doctor.
Cosmetic/ Psychological Reason to Consult a Varicose Vein Doctor
Varicose veins and spider veins look ugly and cause immense social anxiety and self-consciousness. Varicose veins look like dense ropes of knotted and twisted veins bulging out of your skin. Spider veins look like dense clusters of spider webs on the surface of your skin. Both of them cause social anxiety, which leads to self-imposed isolation, which can adversely affect your mental health. As such, if you have varicose veins and spider veins, you can consult a varicose vein specialist or vein center near me for cosmetic treatment.
Medical Reason to Consult a Varicose Vein Clinic or Vein Dr
Varicose veins and spider veins are potentially caused by underlying vein disease. Also known as venous insufficiency, vein disease is a chronic condition in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. Over time, continuous blood accumulation leads to vein dilation and the formation of varicose veins and spider veins. Vein disease eventually leads to complications like skin disease, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis. As such, if you have varicose veins and spider veins, you must consult a varicose vein treatment center so they may diagnose and treat the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins.
What is the Best Varicose Vein Treatment Near Me?
The best minimally invasive varicose vein treatments include radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
While performing varicose vein treatments, the vein doctor or vein clinic uses thermal energy (radiofrequency), laser energy (laser ablation), or medical adhesives to destroy the diseased saphenous vein. These methods either destroy or seal the diseased vein, thus rerouting the accumulated blood to healthier deep veins, which restores smooth blood circulation to the heart.
While the aforementioned minimally invasive treatments get rid of the diseased saphenous vein, they don’t remove the surface varicose veins and spider veins. That’s where ambulatory phlebectomy and sclerotherapy come in.
Ambulatory phlebectomy is a minimally invasive treatment in which the varicose vein doctor physically removes the superficial varicose veins from your legs through incisions on the skin. Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment in which the spider vein doctor injects a medicine into the spider veins to fuse their vein walls, turning them into scar tissues that get absorbed by the body.
Radiofrequency ablation is the best varicose vein treatment because it causes the least pain or discomfort, and it has insurance coverage.
10 Qualities of The Best Vein Doctor or Vein Specialist
You must find the best vein doctor near your location, someone who accurately diagnoses the root cause of varicose veins and provides the best minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
The following are some of the factors to consider when looking for the best vein physician or vein specialist.
- Board Certification: Doctors don’t need board certification to practice vein treatments. In fact, any doctor who is professionally trained in vein treatments can be a vein doctor or vein physician. However, board certification guarantees that the vein doctor has completed their fellowships, residencies, and other professional milestones, distinguishing them as the best vein doctors around.
- ABVLM Recognition: The American Board of Venous Medicine formally recognizes vein doctors who have made a significant contribution to the field of vein care and varicose vein treatments. As such, you must find ABVLM-recognized and diplomat-certified vein specialists.
- Educational Background: You should consider the vein doctor’s educational background as well. The best vein specialist or vein physician should have formal training from reputable medical schools like Harvard Medical School, NYU School of Medicine, and other similarly reputable universities.
- Medical Diagnosis of Vein Disease: You must only look for a vein doctor who performs a medical diagnosis of vein disease before curating a minimally invasive treatment plan. They must perform Doppler Ultrasound to determine if you have vein disease.
- Vascular Imaging: Doppler Ultrasound and vascular imaging are crucial skills in the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease. As such, you must find a vein doctor or vein specialist who specializes in vascular imaging.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You must avoid a vascular surgeon who recommends vascular surgery, varicose vein surgery, or any surgical options. You should only look for a vein clinic and vein doctor who only provides minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- State-of-the-Art Vein Clinic: The best vein doctor should also preside over the best vein clinic, one that’s equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technologies necessary for minimally invasive treatments. The best vein center should have devices like VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST.
- Track Record: Find a vein doctor or vein specialist with a perfect track record, someone who has performed hundreds of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments successfully.
- Friendly Attitude: The best varicose vein doctor or spider vein doctor should also have a friendly and compassionate attitude.
- Insurance Coverage: Look for a vein dr whose vein clinic accepts all major insurance plans. The vein dr should help you get insurance coverage for varicose vein treatments.
Schedule your Medical Diagnosis with Vein Clinic Today
Vein Treatment Clinic has some of the best varicose vein specialists who perform a medical diagnosis of your varicose veins and spider veins to curate the perfect minimally invasive treatment plan for you. Our center for vein restoration also has some of the best equipment. For more information, please schedule an appointment with a vein center near me today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.