When should you need to visit a vein center? A leading vein doctor lists out the signs of vein disease.
Varicose vein treatment in Manhattan: What are the symptoms of vein disease, and when should I visit a vein center near me?
Vein disease statistics in Americans are staggeringly high – almost one in every two Americans has a vein condition. It is surprising, then, that vein clinics are not packed with people waiting to get treated. How exactly are you supposed to know if you have vein disease? Well, the following four signs and symptoms are a good indicator that you have vein disease:
- Pain: It becomes more frequent as we age, and doesn’t always go away… most of us actually adapt to living with pain in the legs. But pain due to vein disease is definitely curable! Do you have throbbing pain that runs all along the length of your leg? Does it get worse after sitting or standing for long periods? Or at the end of a long day? Does it feel better if you put your feet up for a while? If your answer is yes, then you definitely have a vein problem!
- Swollen legs and ankles: At the end of the day, or after you have been on your feet for a long time, your ankles swell up and your feet can feel heavy. As with pain, the swelling goes down when you have had the chance to put your feet up for a while.
- Leg cramps: Sudden, painful leg cramps are a strong indicator of vein disease. Often, these cramps can be severe enough to wake you up at night. Moving your legs quickly makes it feel better – which is why this is referred to as ‘restless legs’.
- Visible veins: This is the most common sign of vein disease. Varicose veins, the thick, bulging, knotted masses that appear on your legs and thighs, are the most common reason that people visit a varicose vein treatment center. However, smaller veins – called spider veins, may go unnoticed. Spider veins are tiny, bluish or purplish streaks on your legs. They appear to interlace like a spider’s web. Unless you are fair-skinned, you may not even know they exist if you don’t look too close. But spider veins, particularly if they are present on the inner side of your ankle, can represent advanced vein disease.
Varicose vein Treatment NYC: Why do I need to visit a vein treatment center at all?
Even if you do have the above symptoms, you might not want to visit a varicose and spider vein treatment clinic. Chances are that simple exercise and rest can help ease the pain and swelling – but the underlying cause will not go away.
Varicose veins and spider veins are not just about appearance and uncomfortable symptoms – they are part of a vein condition which can have serious consequences if left untreated. Chronic Venous Insufficiency is a vein condition that affects the main, superficial veins of your leg. The job of these veins is to get blood from your legs back to your heart. In CVS, the veins do not do their job, and impure blood collects in the leg veins, expanding the walls and increasing the vein pressure. The excess pressure is what forces varicose and spider veins to form. The impure blood breaks down and releases substances that cause cramping. It also blocks proper nutrients from reaching the skin. So if you put off visiting a varicose vein treatment center near you, here is what could happen:
- Your symptoms get worse. Exercises and rest may not offer enough relief anymore.
- Minor skin scrapes and abrasions don’t heal well, and can even transform into ugly and painful vein ulcers.
- Your expanded varicose vein could rupture, which could cause you to lose a lot of blood.
- The impure blood in your veins can clot. If the clot breaks off and travels to the heart and lungs, it can cause chest pain, breathlessness, and can even be fatal.
Varicose and Spider vein Treatment NYC: Consult with leading vein specialists at VTC!
The Vein Treatment Clinic is a leading center for vein restoration in the United States. At VTC, we don’t remove defective veins – we block them up and restore normal blood circulation through healthier veins, using ‘minimally invasive vein treatment’. The vein doctors at VTC, New York helped pioneer minimally invasive varicose and spider vein treatment. The team of vein specialists at VTC offer the latest, cutting edge techniques, including VenaSeal, radiofrequency ablation, and laser treatment for varicose and spider veins.
Our Manhattan vein Clinic, which is the gold standard, is an example that all our vein centers of America are replicating. At all our locations, you will find highly experienced, board certified vein specialists, and exemplary resources that enable us to offer you the most advanced, state of the art minimally invasive treatment procedures for varicose and spider veins.
If you would like to visit a vein physician, either in New York, or one of our other locations, you can book an appointment online, or call 855-807-4936.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.