When should you need to visit a vein center? A leading vein doctor lists out the signs of vein disease.
Varicose vein treatment in Manhattan: What are the symptoms of vein disease, and when should I visit a vein center near me?
Vein disease statistics in Americans are staggeringly high – almost one in every two Americans has a vein condition. It is surprising, then, that vein clinics are not packed with people waiting to get treated. How exactly are you supposed to know if you have vein disease? Well, the following four signs and symptoms are a good indicator that you have vein disease:
- Pain: It becomes more frequent as we age, and doesn’t always go away… most of us actually adapt to living with pain in the legs. But pain due to vein disease is definitely curable! Do you have throbbing pain that runs all along the length of your leg? Does it get worse after sitting or standing for long periods? Or at the end of a long day? Does it feel better if you put your feet up for a while? If your answer is yes, then you definitely have a vein problem!
- Swollen legs and ankles: At the end of the day, or after you have been on your feet for a long time, your ankles swell up and your feet can feel heavy. As with pain, the swelling goes down when you have had the chance to put your feet up for a while.
- Leg cramps: Sudden, painful leg cramps are a strong indicator of vein disease. Often, these cramps can be severe enough to wake you up at night. Moving your legs quickly makes it feel better – which is why this is referred to as ‘restless legs’.
- Visible veins: This is the most common sign of vein disease. Varicose veins, the thick, bulging, knotted masses that appear on your legs and thighs, are the most common reason that people visit a varicose vein treatment center. However, smaller veins – called spider veins, may go unnoticed. Spider veins are tiny, bluish or purplish streaks on your legs. They appear to interlace like a spider’s web. Unless you are fair-skinned, you may not even know they exist if you don’t look too close. But spider veins, particularly if they are present on the inner side of your ankle, can represent advanced vein disease.
Varicose vein Treatment NYC: Why do I need to visit a vein treatment center at all?
Even if you do have the above symptoms, you might not want to visit a varicose and spider vein treatment clinic. Chances are that simple exercise and rest can help ease the pain and swelling – but the underlying cause will not go away.
Varicose veins and spider veins are not just about appearance and uncomfortable symptoms – they are part of a vein condition which can have serious consequences if left untreated. Chronic Venous Insufficiency is a vein condition that affects the main, superficial veins of your leg. The job of these veins is to get blood from your legs back to your heart. In CVS, the veins do not do their job, and impure blood collects in the leg veins, expanding the walls and increasing the vein pressure. The excess pressure is what forces varicose and spider veins to form. The impure blood breaks down and releases substances that cause cramping. It also blocks proper nutrients from reaching the skin. So if you put off visiting a varicose vein treatment center near you, here is what could happen:
- Your symptoms get worse. Exercises and rest may not offer enough relief anymore.
- Minor skin scrapes and abrasions don’t heal well, and can even transform into ugly and painful vein ulcers.
- Your expanded varicose vein could rupture, which could cause you to lose a lot of blood.
- The impure blood in your veins can clot. If the clot breaks off and travels to the heart and lungs, it can cause chest pain, breathlessness, and can even be fatal.
Varicose and Spider vein Treatment NYC: Consult with leading vein specialists at VTC!
The Vein Treatment Clinic is a leading center for vein restoration in the United States. At VTC, we don’t remove defective veins – we block them up and restore normal blood circulation through healthier veins, using ‘minimally invasive vein treatment’. The vein doctors at VTC, New York helped pioneer minimally invasive varicose and spider vein treatment. The team of vein specialists at VTC offer the latest, cutting edge techniques, including VenaSeal, radiofrequency ablation, and laser treatment for varicose and spider veins.
Our Manhattan vein Clinic, which is the gold standard, is an example that all our vein centers of America are replicating. At all our locations, you will find highly experienced, board certified vein specialists, and exemplary resources that enable us to offer you the most advanced, state of the art minimally invasive treatment procedures for varicose and spider veins.
If you would like to visit a vein physician, either in New York, or one of our other locations, you can book an appointment online, or call 855-807-4936.
To learn more about our accredited vein centers, please visit www.veintreatmentclinic.com. Our spider and varicose vein treatment clinics are certified by the IAC as vascular imaging centers and vein treatment centers of excellence. We have local affiliates in New York, Long Island, New Jersey, Texas and California, all of which are held to the highest standards of patient-centered, compassionate, care. We offer the latest technology at every location, and our harvard-trained medical directors lead a collaborative effort to ensure the best outcome for every patient we meet.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Dr. Michael Nguyen
VENOUS SPECIALIST | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Michael Nguyen is a world renowned and Harvard trained vein specialist in Manhattan. He leads the team of vein doctors offering the highest level of care at the Spider and Varicose Vein Treatment Center in New York & New Jersey.
As a pioneer in the treatment of varicose veins problems, Dr. Nguyen is considered a top vein expert for developing minimally invasive and customized treatment plans for the many symptoms of venous insufficiency, including leg cramps, skin discoloration on legs, spider vein removal, and restless leg syndrome.