Where can I find a top vein clinic near Lincoln Park
Feb 28, 2020
A top medical center offers advanced treatment options at a premier vein clinic near Lincoln Park
Vein conditions are fairly simple to treat, but without expert skills, this may not be the case. Now that the Vein Treatment Clinic has opened near Lincoln Park, Vein Treatment is easier than before!
Vein Clinic near Lincoln Park: Get treated using advanced, minimally invasive treatment procedures
The Vein Treatment Clinic specialized in using only minimally invasive procedures for vein conditions. Unlike invasive vein surgery, these do not involve hospital admissions and prolonged recovery times. Minimally invasive vein treatments are based on gaining access to your vein from within, so it avoids long surgical incisions and scars.
The most popular minimally invasive treatment options that we employ at VTC Chicago include:
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this procedure, the vein doctor numbs your skin and makes a small cut in it to access the vein. Through the cut, a radiofrequency catheter is inserted into the vein, throughout its length. When the catheter is activated, radiofrequency waves generate heat, which can melt ad seal the vein from within.
- Endovenous Laser ablation: This procedure is almost exactly the same as radiofrequency ablation. The only difference is that a laser fiber is used instead of a radiofrequency catheter. Heat acquired through laser energy seals off the vein. As laser energy is much more intense than radiofrequency waves, the actual procedure may be slightly more uncomfortable. This is why most vein doctors prefer to use radiofrequency ablation.
- VenaSeal: This is an extremely advanced procedure that is designed to eliminate the numbing injection and the small cut in your skin. Special medicated glue is directly injected into the defective vein. Once injected, the glue flows through the length of the vein, and then hardens – sealing off the vein.
- ClariVein: This is another state of the art procedure, which does not require numbing or incisions. A tiny, rotating catheter is implanted into your vein. This catheter contains special medicated solution (called sclerosant), which is dispersed throughout thevein. The sclerosant causes the vein walls to swell, and eventually seal off.
- Varithena: This is a procedure used for medium sized veins; It cannot be used for larger veins. In Vaithena, a foam based sclerosant is directly injected into the veins. The foam naturally carries the sclerosant throughout the vein, allowing it to act.
- Sclerotherapy: Liquid sclerosant is directly injected into the vein. The sclerosant acts on a small area, so this is reserved for really tiny veins, such as spider veins.
Vein clinic near Lincoln Park: When you should you seek treatment?
You should choose to have minimally invasive treatment if you have a condition called Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVS). CVS is a condition where some veins in your legs become defective, and can no longer transport blood to your heart efficiently. Instead, the blood collects in your legs, putting pressure on the vein walls and leg tissue.
So how you do know if you have CVS? If you have one or more of the following conditions, you should definitely get yourself evaluated for CVS.
- Visible veins: These include varicose veins and spider veins. When excess blood puts pressure on the vein walls, it forces the formation of new, unhealthy veins. These veins may appear as thick, bulging, twisted or knotted ropes – these are varicose veins. Or they could be small, purplish or bluish streaks that appear to intersect like a spider’s web – these are spider veins.
- Painful symptoms: You may feel a throbbing sensation in the veins of your legs. You could also develop sudden leg cramps, when you are at rest or lying down at night.
- Leg swelling: You might notice that your feet and ankles appear swollen, especially after sitting or standing for long periods of time. The swelling may be accompanied by a feeling of heaviness and fatigue in your legs.
If you have the above signs or symptoms, it is best to have your veins evaluated by a vein doctor.
Vein clinic near Lincoln Park: What should you expect when you visit for a consult?
At VTC, all our vein doctors are board certified physicians who have special expertise in vein diseases. Our Chicago center is led by Dr. Caroline Novak, who trained at the best medical school in Illinois – Northwestern University. Dr. Novak is recognized as a skilled practitioner in vein medicine, and has special expertise in blood vessel imaging.
When you visit our Vein Clinic in Chicago, you will receive personalized assistance at every stage. After you give us details of your medical history and current complaints, our vein doctors will give you a complete examination. You may require an ultrasound to view the pattern of blood flow in you veins. Based on your examination and imaging results, our vein doctors will put together a customized treatment plan based on what suits you the best.
If you need vein treatment, our front office staff will guide you on whether you are eligible to receive insurance, and our nursing staff will make you feel comfortable at every step of the treatment. All our vein doctors are extremely skilled at minimally invasive procedures, and your treatment process will be quick, comfortable, and virtually pain-free! You will require practically no recovery time after treatment – you can get back to work right away. A lot of our clients actually choose to have a vein procedure done during their lunch hour!
If you would like to fix an appointment with one of our vein doctors, you can book an appointment online, or call 855-982-9678.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below: