How to Find the Best Vein Specialist in NYC? How to Find the Best Vein Clinic in NYC?
April 24, 2020
How to find the best vein specialist in NYC?
Are you looking for the best vein clinic or vein specialist in NYC? If so, you can start by entering the “best vein specialist in NYC” in your Google. You’ll get a list of some of the best vein doctors and vein centers in New York. Once you have the list of accessible vein doctors, you can go through their qualifications and reviews to find the best ones.
- Board Certified Vein Doctor: Board certification isn’t available for vein treatments. But you should find a vein doctor who is board-certified in other fields of healthcare. Board certification guarantees that the doctors have completed fellowships and residencies from reputable medical institutions.
- Vein Dr with ABVLM Recognition: The American Board of Venous Medicine certifies some of the best vein physicians. As such, you should find a vein dr in New York who is certified by the ABVLM.
- Medical Education and Training: Look for a vein doctor who has exceptional medical education and training. They should have graduated from reputable medical schools like Harvard Medical School.
- Experience: The vein doctor should have several years of experience, and they should have performed hundreds of vein treatments.
- Online Reviews and Reputation: Go through the vein doctor’s online reviews and testimonials. They should have a flawless reputation amongst their patients with no complaints or disciplinary actions against them.
- Vascular Imaging: Varicose veins and spider veins often occur because of an underlying vein disease that can be detected using a vascular imaging method. Since vascular imaging is crucial in the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease, you should find a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments: You should only look for a vein specialist who specializes in the latest minimally invasive treatments for vein disease.
- Friendly & Compassionate: Finally, the vein doctor should be friendly and compassionate. They should be mindful of your emotional and physical comfort.
How to find the best vein treatment center in New York?
It isn’t enough to find the best vein dr or phlebologist in New York. Even the best vein specialists need access to certain support systems and networks to perform vein treatments successfully. As such, after you shortlist the best vein doctors, you should filter them further based on the quality of their vein treatment center in New York.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: Modern minimally invasive treatments for vein disease depend on advanced technologies, such as ClariVein, ClosureFAST, Endovenous Laser, and VNUS. As such, you must find a vein center in NYC that has the necessary technology for varicose vein treatments.
- Perfect Track Record: Minimally invasive treatments have a success rate of 97%. As such, you must find a vein center that has a perfect track record.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments: The vein clinic should only provide minimally invasive treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, ambulatory phlebectomy, and sclerotherapy. If the vein clinic provides vein surgery, you should find another vein center.
- Insurance Coverage: Minimally invasive treatments for vein disease are quite expensive. As such, you must find a vein clinic that accepts all major insurance plans and helps you get insurance coverage for radiofrequency ablation or endovenous laser ablation.
What is the best varicose veins treatment in Manhattan?
Varicose veins are large dilated blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of the skin because of accumulated blood as a result of chronic venous insufficiency. As such, the only way to treat varicose veins is to destroy the underlying diseased saphenous vein. If you don’t treat the underlying vein disease and only the surface varicose veins, they will return later. When you consult a vein doctor, they will run a vascular imaging test to determine if you have vein disease. Based on their diagnosis, they will recommend one of the following minimally invasive treatments.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Radiofrequency ablation is a minimally invasive vein treatment in which the vein doctor uses heat or thermal energy to collapse the diseased saphenous vein. The vein doctor channels thermal energy via a catheter inserted through an incision on your skin. The catheter generates thermal energy to collapse the diseased saphenous vein.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: Endovenous laser ablation is a minimally invasive vein treatment in which the vein specialist channels laser energy into the diseased saphenous vein through an incision on the skin. The endovenous laser generates laser energy to destroy the diseased vein and restore blood circulation to the heart.
- VenaSeal: VenaSeal is a minimally invasive vein treatment in which the phlebologist injects a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein. The medical adhesive seals the walls of the saphenous vein, turning it into a scar tissue that eventually gets absorbed by the body.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: Ambulatory phlebectomy is a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment in which the vein specialist creates incisions on your skin to remove the superficial varicose veins physically. This is a cosmetic procedure that only removes the superficial varicose veins, which is why it’s performed after the primary treatment and without insurance coverage.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive spider vein treatment in NYC that involves the vein specialist injecting a solution called sclerosant into the spider veins. The sclerosant medicine hardens the spider veins into scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body.
- Compression Stockings: After the vein treatment, the vein center will recommend that you wear compression stockings for a few days or weeks. Compression stockings apply pressure on your veins to facilitate smooth blood circulation to the heart.
Schedule an appointment with the best varicose vein specialist in NYC
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein clinics in New York because we have some of the country’s finest board-certified and Harvard-trained vein doctors. Our vein specialists have performed hundreds of successful vein treatments, and they have a perfect track record. Our NYC vein clinic is also highly accessible because it’s located close to the Grand Central Station in Midtown Manhattan. For more information, please schedule an appointment with the best varicose vein specialist in NYC.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Dr. Michael Nguyen
VENOUS SPECIALIST | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Michael Nguyen is a world renowned and Harvard trained vein specialist in Manhattan. He leads the team of vein doctors offering the highest level of care at the Spider and Varicose Vein Treatment Center in New York & New Jersey.
As a pioneer in the treatment of varicose veins problems, Dr. Nguyen is considered a top vein expert for developing minimally invasive and customized treatment plans for the many symptoms of venous insufficiency, including leg cramps, skin discoloration on legs, spider vein removal, and restless leg syndrome.
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.