What is the Best Varicose Vein Treatment in New York? According to Vein Doctor in NYC
May 25, 2020
Overview of Varicose Vein Treatment in New York
In the past, you could only treat varicose veins using surgical procedures that had a high risk of side effects or complications. However, modern varicose vein treatment options are minimally-invasive, non-surgical, painless, safe, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime. As such, you must consult board-certified vein doctors and Manhattan vein clinics that provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
Varicose veins are spider veins are symptomatic of an underlying circulatory disorder in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. The continued blood accumulation leads to varicose veins and spider veins. As such, minimally invasive varicose vein treatments remove the diseased saphenous vein and then treat the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
The following is a brief overview of the varicose vein treatment in New York options:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatment that involves thermal energy to collapse the diseased vein.
- Endovenous Laser Vein Ablation: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatment that involves laser energy to collapse the problematic vein.
- VenaSeal: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatment that involves medical adhesives to fuse the diseased vein’s walls.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: Minimally invasive treatment in which the vein doctor physically removes the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
- Sclerotherapy: Minimally invasive treatment that involves the injection of a medicine into the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
If you’re satisfied with that description, please consult your board-certified vein specialist for the latest minimally invasive vein treatments in New York. However, if you want more information, please continue reading for a detailed description of minimally invasive varicose vein treatment options.
- The vein doctor applies local anesthesia and creates an incision on the surface of your skin on your thighs.
- Board-certified vein doctors drive a catheter through the incision under ultrasound guidance to enter the diseased saphenous vein.
- Once the catheter enters the diseased vein, the vein specialist injects anesthesia to the saphenous vein’s walls.
- The vein doctor in NYC activates the catheter to generate thermal energy.
- The thermal energy disrupts the vein’s walls.
- The saphenous vein breaks down, and the accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
Endovenous Laser Vein Ablation
- The vein specialist applies local anesthesia and creates an incision on the surface of your skin on your thighs.
- Board-certified vein specialists drive a laser fiber through the incision under ultrasound guidance to enter the problematic saphenous vein.
- Once the laser fiber enters the affected vein, the vein physician applies tumescent anesthesia to the saphenous vein.
- The vein dr activates the endovenous laser to generate laser energy.
- The laser energy destroys the saphenous vein.
- The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins and restores smooth blood circulation.
- The vein physician applies local anesthesia.
- Once your leg is numb, the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into the diseased vein under ultrasound guidance.
- The vein glue fuses the saphenous vein’s walls, essentially turning it into scar tissue.
- The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins to restore blood circulation.
- The diseased vein eventually gets absorbed by the body.
- The vein dr applies local anesthesia.
- The vein doctor in NYC injects a medicine called sclerosant into the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
- Sclerosant fuses the walls of the veins, essentially turning them to scar tissues.
- The accumulated blood flows into healthier veins and restores blood circulation.
- The spider veins harden and eventually get absorbed by the body.
- As the spider veins get absorbed, the scars on your skin fade away.
- The vein doctor applies local anesthesia and creates incisions on the surface of the skin.
- The vein physician manually removes the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
- The scar tissues eventually fade away from your skin.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Varicose Veins and Spider Veins Treatments
- Highly-Effective: Minimally invasive varicose veins and spider veins treatments have an incredibly high 97% success rate.
- Non-Surgical: These varicose vein treatments only include injections and some incisions. As such, they’re non-surgical and minimally-invasive.
- Painless: The procedures are conducted under local anesthesia, and you experience minimal pain or discomfort during or after the procedure.
- Safe: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments have a negligible risk of side effects or complications.
- No Hospitalization: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are in-office procedures without any hospitalization.
- No Downtime: These procedures conclude within an hour with no downtime. You can resume most of your activities immediately after the varicose vein treatment.
Qualities of the Best Manhattan Vein Doctors in NYC
You must find a varicose vein treatment center with some of the best Manhattan vein doctors in NYC. You must find a vein specialist who is board-certified, has a strong educational background, and a perfect track record. Most importantly, the vein doctor must specialize in vascular imaging and the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatment options.
Schedule an Appointment at Varicose Vein Treatment Center
Vein Treatment Clinic is the best varicose vein treatment center in New York. We have some of the best board-certified and Harvard-trained Manhattan vein specialists who provide the latest minimally invasive procedures. Our vein clinic is located in Midtown Manhattan, just a short walk from Grand Central Station, making it incredibly accessible to everyone in New York. For more information, please schedule an appointment at our Manhattan varicose vein treatment center.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below:
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.