How Can I Find the Best Vein Doctor and Clinic for Vein Therapy Near Me?
March 30, 2020
How Can I Find the Best Vein Doctor and Clinic for Vein Therapy Near Me?
If you’re asking that question, you’re probably aware of the importance of seeking vein treatment immediately. Varicose veins and spider veins are often indicative of a serious medical condition called chronic venous insufficiency. If left untreated, vein disease progresses rapidly and leads to various other vein conditions, including leg ulcers and deep vein thrombosis.
As such, you should consult a vein center or vein specialist as soon as possible.
However, finding the right vein clinic and vein doctor can be challenging. There are a lot of factors you must consider, such as board-certification, their qualifications, the kind of treatment plans they recommend, etc.
In this article, we discuss all of the qualities of the best vein specialists and best vein clinics.
Qualities of the Best Vein Specialist Near Me
The following is an overview of the qualities to consider when looking for the best vein specialists and vein doctors.
- Board Certification: You should look for board-certified doctors because board certification is an objective guarantee of a doctor’s skills and experience. To get board-certified, doctors have to complete several challenging professional milestones like residencies and fellowships. Furthermore, to retain their certification, they must also stay abreast of the latest developments in the field.
- Educational Background: Some of the best vein doctors are generally graduates from good medical schools, such as Harvard Medical School, Yale, or other Ivy League Universities. You should look for vein doctors who have trained at reputable institutions.
- ABVLM Certification: You should look for vein doctors who have received official and formal recognition and certification from the American Board of Venous Medicine.
- Vascular Imaging: The diagnosis and treatment of vein disease rely heavily on ultrasounds. As such, you must ensure that your vein doctor has specialized training in vascular imaging.
- Track Record: You should also check the vein doctor’s track record. How many procedures have they performed? Are there any complaints against them? What do their previous patients say about them? You should generally go for vein doctors who have completed hundreds of procedures with a perfect track record.
- Compassionate Attitude: Finally, you should look for friendly and kind vein doctors. They should take the time to carefully diagnose your conditions, ask questions about your medical history, and answer all of your questions to set your mind at ease.
Qualities of the Best Vein Clinic Near Me
The following is an overview of the qualities to consider when looking for the best vein clinic or vein center.
- State-of-the-Art Equipment: Modern minimally invasive varicose vein treatments rely on advanced technologies and equipment. These advanced technologies assist the vein doctors in treatments, ensuring that you don’t suffer any side effects or complications. As such, the best vein clinics should be equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technologies like VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST.
- Diagnosis before Treatment: Vein conditions like spider veins may or may not be caused by underlying vein disease. If the vein clinic simply treats the symptoms, they may not address deeper problems. As such, your chosen vein clinic must run a Doppler Ultrasound screening test before curating a treatment plan.
- Focus on Minimally Invasive Treatment Plans: In the past, the only way to treat varicose veins was through complicated vascular surgeries. However, modern minimally invasive treatment plans are a lot safer, painless, and they conclude within an hour. The best vein clinics should only recommend minimally invasive vein treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, and sclerotherapy.
- Insurance Coverage: Vein treatments can be costly, which is why the best vein clinics should accept all major insurance plans. The vein clinic should also help you get the best insurance coverage possible.
Schedule an Appointment with a Vein Center Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein centers in the US, with offices in New York, New Jersey, San Diego, Chicago, and Houston. We have some of the country’s best vein doctors who have a perfect track record after successfully performing hundreds of vein treatments.
The following is a brief overview of what happens when you schedule an appointment with one of our vein clinics:
- The vein care staff will take your information.
- The vein doctor will examine your symptoms and discuss your medical history. Please communicate openly and honestly, so the vein doctor can curate the safest treatment plan for you.
- The vein doctor will run a Doppler Ultrasound test. This is an imaging test that will allow the vein doctor to visualize the blood flow in your large saphenous and small saphenous veins. The vein doctor will examine your saphenous veins for anomalies like valve problems, blood flow issues, or venous reflux.
- If you have venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will double-check to see if you have any other symptoms of the disease.
- The vein doctor will close down the diseased saphenous vein using minimally invasive treatments radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, or VenaSeal. During these procedures, the vein doctor will use heat energy, laser energy, or vein glue to collapse the diseased saphenous vein, thus restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
- Finally, the vein doctor will use sclerotherapy to remove the visible veins on your legs.
- You can resume your daily activities immediately after the procedure.
For more information, please schedule an appointment with a vein center today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
Dr. Michael Nguyen
VENOUS SPECIALIST | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Michael Nguyen is a world renowned and Harvard trained vein specialist in Manhattan. He leads the team of vein doctors offering the highest level of care at the Spider and Varicose Vein Treatment Center in New York & New Jersey.
As a pioneer in the treatment of varicose veins problems, Dr. Nguyen is considered a top vein expert for developing minimally invasive and customized treatment plans for the many symptoms of venous insufficiency, including leg cramps, skin discoloration on legs, spider vein removal, and restless leg syndrome.
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Covered by most insurances, including Medicare.
Enter your information below to get started
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.