Veins Treatment Centre Murray Hill – Select Dr. Namrata Khimani, MD At Her Vein Clinic In Midtown East Area
All our leg veins contain some delicate valves that allow blood to flow only upwards towards the heart. They also enable blood to flow from the superficial veins to the deep veins via the perforating veins. There is a valve every 5 to 10 centimeters in the main superficial leg veins. If deep vein valves stop working normally, extreme pressure levels in the deep veins is transferred to the weaker superficial leg veins. Then the superficial veins become enlarged, swollen and twisted. In other words, they turn into varicose veins (also varices or varicosities). Venous insufficiency is a disease where the valves in the veins don’t close fully; so, some of the blood leaks and flows back to the legs. This disease is widespread in the United States and is one of those that the veins treatment centre Murray Hill treats on a regular basis.
The venous pump
The relaxation and contraction of your calf muscles propels the blood towards the heart. If your venous pump is working properly, the blood in your leg veins will flow to the heart without a problem. During the relaxation of your calf muscles, your leg vessels will fill with blood; during the next contraction, the same muscles will compress your blood vessels and push the blood towards the heart. Prior to the occurrence of valve failure, your calf muscle’s pumping action can attain huge pumping pressures. And after the failure, you will develop venous insufficiency or a venous reflux disease.
Any varicose vein doctor in upper west side is the professional you should call or visit if you notice that your legs have changed. It could be that when you wake up in the morning you feel heaviness and pain in legs. While there may be other causes of feet pain, tiredness and heaviness at dawn, vein insufficiency is the most obvious cause. It is the problem that any doctor working for a vein clinic in midtown east will suspect when you pay them a visit. Prior to locating a dependable vein doctor, however, try to do some simple things at home to see if your venous reflux symptoms will subside.
Symptoms of superficial venous reflux
When abnormally high pressure is introduced to a normal superficial leg vein, venous insufficiency is the unavoidable end result. As this continues to happen without any help being sought from a vein treatment centre, your condition will become chronic and by then it will have produced obvious symptoms. Hence, we encourage people to get to a varicose vein doctor in upper west side as soon as they notice a change in the way their legs look or feel. Symptoms to look out for include the following:
- Spider veins – These are usually tiny and thread-like and can have a blue, red or purple color and a spider web pattern. Spider veins or thread veins can attack a large area of your thigh or calf.
- Varicose veins – These are enlarged veins with a rope-like, twisted appearance. They can also be purplish like spider veins, yet the two are easily differentiated. Varicose veins are large, distended and easily detectable.
- Heaviness, pain and fatigue – Venous insufficiency is known to cause heaviness in legs and this is often accompanied by extreme tiredness and pain. If you feel leg pain that worsens when you have been standing or sitting for several hours, visit the best varicose vein doctor in upper west side the soonest possible.
- Swelling/edema – The swollenness affects mostly your ankles and can be lessened by lifting your legs after work.
- Skin changes – If you notice skin discoloration or changes in skin texture, then you have an ongoing venous reflux disease. Some people develop dermatitis or eczema in the affected areas of their feet and this is usually a sign that you have advanced venous disease that must be diagnosed by the most reliable vein clinic in midtown east.
- Venous ulcers – These along with skin changes occur in the advanced stages of venous insufficiency. These ulcers are real open wounds that hurt a lot. So, waiting too long to see a vascular specialist working for the top vein clinic in midtown east is super risky.
- Bleeding – When a person has venous insufficiency, their skin becomes too thin that it becomes susceptible to bruising and bleeding.
- Leg cramping – Cramps may be a sign of venous insufficiency.
- Itching – This attacks areas that have damaged valves in leg veins.
While some victims can ignore symptoms such as varicose veins and spider veins for years, it’s not recommended. Even if your varices don’t hurt, it doesn’t mean that the underlying disease is not progressing. The fact remains that you have damaged veins that can no longer do their normal functions and until you visit a good veins treatment center Murray Hill, or another area, the problem will continue to pester you. Venous reflux disease symptoms continue to increase and worsen as you delay your vein treatment. And when the disease hits its climax, you will have terrible symptoms like open wounds, blood clots and skin disorders. Besides causing discomfort, advanced venous disease symptoms can ruin the appearance of your legs. That’s why we keep insisting that you must see a varicose vein doctor in upper west side as early as you notice unusual discomfort and pain.
How the top veins treatment center in Murray Hill carries out the diagnosis
Just like any other vascular clinic, including the first-class vein clinic in midtown east, your clinic will evaluate your aching legs via Doppler or Duplex ultrasound tests. These tests can help a vascular specialist determine how your venous system has changed and what has triggered this change. If your diagnosis is positive, the physician will establish the best ways to treat you.
Home cures that your varicose vein doctor in upper west side might propose
Even after going to a vein clinic in midtown east and receiving a positive analysis, your vein specialist might decide to have you try simpler treatment options at home. First of all, he or she might recommend certain medical-grade compression stockings. These can be worn to the workplace, especially, if it was established that the reason why you have varicosities is because you strain your legs when working. Professionals like nurses should wear compression stockings to avoid developing varices and to improve the appearance of varices, if they already exist. As they vary in their level of tightness, you should have yours prescribed by the preferred varicose veins doctor in upper west side.
In addition to wearing compression stockings, you can improve blood circulation in legs by lifting up your legs. Elevating legs above your heart level is something that any veins clinic in midtown east area will recommend. If your ankles or lower legs are always swollen by the time you go home from office, elevating them will be so helpful. It will lessen the edema, pain and tiredness; above all, it will boost blood circulation. As well as this, make sure that you don’t prolong sitting or standing at your place of work.
If possible, stand up from your chair and stretch your body for a few minutes before resuming your seated position. If you have to stand up when working, try to find other suitable working positions, such as placing one of your legs on top of a stool as well as moving around to prevent your feet from succumbing to fatigue. Correcting a poor posture when sitting down is also important when trying to cope with venous insufficiency symptoms.
If you carry too much weight, you are currently placing excessive pressure on your leg veins and that’s why you have slowly developed varicosities. The best way to lose weight is to exercise often and to alter your diet. Always eat a balanced diet, as well as eat less to reduce weight. When going to bed, massage your legs properly to enhance blood circulation and then prop up your legs with a small pillow. Once you do this, you might notice that the discomfort you feel in the morning is all gone. If the above-mentioned home remedies don’t offer adequate help, your varicose vein doctor in upper west side will introduce you to medical cures for varicose veins.
Three treatment options a vein doctor can offer
There are three types of medical procedures that any vein clinic in midtown east can offer you. These include: sclerotherapy, endovenous laser ablation and radiofrequency ablation.
- Sclerotherapy – The type of sclerotherapy offered these days is called foam sclerotherapy. It is a catheter-guided procedure where a varicose vein doctor in upper west side will inject a sclerosing agent into a sick vein in your leg. Furthermore, doctors often guide the catheter and sclerosant to the affected vein through the assistance of a Duplex ultrasound. Advanced sclerotherapy is not as invasive as the traditional procedure used to be. In any case, it is now being considered as a cure for medium to large sized varicose veins.
At the vein clinic in midtown east, your doctor will discuss the entire procedure with you prior to offering it. This includes possible side effects and benefits of trying it out. Generally, side effects will be pain at the injection site, short-lived swelling, telangiectatic matting, localized hives, skin death, hyperpigmentation, nerve damage, vasovagal reflex, superficial thrombophlebetis and deep vein thrombosis among others. The occurrence or non-occurrence of these side effects will mainly depend on who is picked to perform this medical procedure. While the procedure has many side effects, it is known to get rid of fifty to eighty percent of varicose veins. Only ten percent of victims fail to receive good results from sclerotherapy vein treatments.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – RFA, VNUS or Closure Fast is a popular way to treat varicose veins. It is a procedure that your top varicose vein doctor in upper west side will recommend after carrying out a thorough diagnosis that turns out positive. If you don’t want surgery, then RFA is one of the minimally invasive techniques you can opt for. It uses thermal energy or heat to destroy a vein with failed valves. It triggers immediate closure of the problematic vein. As RFA is used to treat major veins that were cured via the extremely painful vein stripping surgery, you can trust it. After this procedure is completed, the damaged vein will sooner or later be absorbed by your body.
It is an ultrasound-guided therapy that entails a radiofrequency ablation fiber that is inserted into the problematic vein through a small cut. This vein is numbed using a local anesthetic drug and then activated for twenty to forty seconds per seven centimetres of a vein’s length. The tip through which the energy is emitted releases a heat reaction inside the vein wall, causing the wall to collapse. RFA’s success rate is ninety-five to ninety-eight percent and causes fewer complications than sclerotherapy. According to the leading vein clinic in midtown east, RFA causes almost negligible discomfort because the amount of heat used to seal the vein is low. As it is done under local anesthesia, a patient is never admitted.
- Endovenous laser ablation – EVLA or EVLT is a procedure that vascular doctors use to cure venous insufficiency symptoms. Done under local anesthesia, EVLA is a minimally invasive clinical procedure. Like RFA, EVLT is an ultrasound-guided therapy that uses a laser fiber rather than a RFA fiber tip. So, a tiny incision is made in the skin and then a laser fiber is guided towards the problematic vein. Next, laser energy is dropped right inside the vein to close it for good. A cure that will be offered in thirty to forty-five minutes, EVLT doesn’t affect your work schedule as your varicose vein doctor in upper west side will instruct you to keep walking as soon as they are done.
Thus, you can resume work the same day or the following day, although you will wear your compression stockings for one week. According to experts at the prime vein clinic in midtown east, the success rate of EVLA is ninety-seven percent and the positive results can be enjoyed for a long time. As well as this, scarring, skin discoloration and damage to the deep venous system do not happen. While your skin can bruise or develop an infection, as well as have a bigger risk of developing a blood clot, EVLT is one of the most reliable varicose veins treatments available now.
Who is the right vascular doctor to treat you?
While there are numerous vein doctors claiming to own the best vein clinic in midtown east, we would recommend one of the top vascular specialists in the U.S. This is none other than Dr. Namrata Khimani, MD. She is an interventional pain management varicose vein doctor in upper west side who was a top student at Harvard Medical School. As well, she is a resident who undertook training at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital and became the Chief Resident. Her return to Harvard Medical School was propelled by her strong desire to study venous disease and interventional pain. And by the end of it, she became a fellow. Dr. Namrata is based in a matchless vein clinic in midtown east and other places. Hence, if you are looking to meet the most dependable and knowledgeable varicose vein doctor in upper west side area, we would recommend Dr. Namrata Khimani, MD.