Who is the Best Vein Doctor in my Area? Medical Clinic Answers
Best Vein Doctor in my Area
Do you have varicose veins and spider veins? These are both serious vein diseases that can lead to serious social consciousness, social anxiety, and a whole host of other physiological complications if they’re caused by underlying venous insufficiency.
Most people don’t seek treatment for spider veins and varicose veins because they think of them as mere cosmetic problems. But that’s not true. These are often only outward symptoms of a disease that can wreck your life if you don’t diagnose and treat it in time.
And that’s where a vein doctor comes in! You’re probably wondering “who is the best vein doctor in my area?” In this article, we discuss how to find the best vein doctor in your area and we also list out some of the best vein doctors in the country.
What are Varicose Veins and Spider Veins?
Veins are blood vessels that transfer blood from our limbs to our heart. All of our leg veins have valves that act as one-way doors to encourage blood flow to the heart while preventing blood from flowing back down due to gravity.
Venous insufficiency is a chronic condition in which these essential valves malfunction. That causes blood to flow back down due to gravity and pool around the leg veins. This extra blood in the leg veins pushes against the vein walls, which leads to a condition known as venous hypertension. Basically, the vein starts dilating and swelling up. This leads to the formation of varicose veins and spider veins on the surface of the skin.
Both varicose veins and spider veins are caused by the same condition — chronic venous insufficiency — but they look different and may be seen as different stages of the same disease. Spider veins are small and wispy clusters of blood vessels that can be seen under the skin but they don’t bulge out. Varicose veins, in contrast, are a lot larger — they’re like densely knotted tree trunks that protrude out of the surface of the skin.
Spider veins often occur during the initial stages of venous insufficiency. In fact, in some cases, they may also be completely benign and not be caused by vein disease at all. However, varicose veins are always indicative of your venous insufficiency having progressed considerably.
Why do I Need a Vein Specialist?
In order to treat spider veins and varicose veins, it’s crucial to understand the root cause of these vein diseases. There are a lot of vein treatment procedures out there — some are minimally invasive and non-surgical whereas some antiquated methods also require vein surgeries.
The only way to understand which vein treatment is right for your needs is to diagnose the root cause of your symptoms. That’s why you need to visit a vein specialist — because they can run a thorough imaging test such as a Doppler Ultrasound to detect the presence of venous insufficiency. Based on that diagnosis, they can curate the best treatment plan for your needs.
Venous insufficiency is an extremely under-diagnosed diseased because most people think spider veins and varicose veins are purely cosmetic and because the initial signs and symptoms of vein disease resemble simple signs of aging and exhaustion. However, venous insufficiency is actually really problematic and can have terrible consequences.
The following are some of the complications associated with venous insufficiency:
- Profuse bleeding from the dilated varicose veins for which you have to be admitted to the emergency room.
- The formation of leg ulcers on your skin due to the lack of effective blood circulation.
- A variety of skin diseases.
- The formation of blood clots inside your veins due to all of the accumulated blood.
How do I Find a Good Vein Specialist?
Thanks to modern technologies, vein treatment has become fairly simple and a lot of doctors have entered the market even if they’re not specifically trained or experienced at vein treatment. That’s why it’s incredibly important to find a good vein specialist that knows what they’re doing — one that will help you avoid all potential complications of the treatment and also treat spider veins permanently.
The following are some tips about how to find a good vein specialist:
- Make sure they are board-certified because it’s a guarantor of their level of expertise and experience.
- They should ideally have done their residencies and graduated from Ivy League universities or other institutions that are similarly reputable.
- You should check their history, including their past patient testimonials.
- Make sure that they’re in good standing with federal and state agencies, i.e., make sure there are no malpractice complaints or disciplinary actions against them.
- The vein doctor should ideally accept your insurance because vein treatment can be really expensive out-of-pocket. You should, however, be prepared to pay for some of the treatments on your own if they’re merely cosmetic in nature, such as sclerotherapy for spider veins.
- Finally, make sure they have a website including all text about their preferred treatments (they should all be minimally invasive in nature) and their history.
Best Vein Doctors in New York, New Jersey, and California
The following are some of the best vein doctors in New York, New Jersey, and California, in case you reside in or around these locations.
- Best Vein Specialist NY: Dr. Namrata Khimani, Dr. Michael Nguyen, and Dr. Juan Montoya.
- Best Vein Specialist NJ: Dr. Faisal Sidiqqi and Dr. Caroline Novak.
- Best Vein Specialist CA: Dr. Carly Guthrie and Dr. Billy Schoenfeld.
Free Consultation Per Person with the Best Vein Specialist
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein clinics in the US as we work with the best vein specialists in the country who diagnose and treat vein disease using the latest minimally invasive procedures. For more information, you can schedule a consultation with the best vein specialist in your area.
Meet our Vein Specialists
Dr. Namrata Khimani
Venous specialist | Harvard Medical School
Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized leader in the field of venous medicine. She is an expert in Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatment based in New York City. While Dr. Khimani treats a variety of patients experiencing varicose vein problems, she also sub-specializes in the treatment of vein disease in women, including those with pregnancy and post-pregnancy related spider and varicose veins.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, suffer from leg cramps, leg swelling, or restless leg syndrome, come see Dr. Khimani at our Vein Treatment Center NYC. Most procedures are covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. Call us and get verified today.
We’re preparing your estimate
We need a bit more information from you to provide an accurate estimate. Stay tuned, one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to ask you a few questions and provide you with an estimate based on your medical needs and insurance coverage.
In the meantime, learn more about vein disease, treatments and find you local experts below: